Collecting crystals begins just like any other hobby: you pick up a trinket, fall in love with it, and instantly want more. Before you know it, you are scouring the internet and local markets to grab your latest treasure. In time, your crystal collection has blossomed into a colorful display of sparkling gems. Or, perhaps you are just starting out on your crystal journey and aren’t sure where to look to find the best items. You’ve come to the right place! We’re spilling all our tips in this guide for where to buy healing crystals.
What makes a crystal worthy of your purchase and where can you you find the best crystals around? Let’s find out!
Tips For Collecting Crystals
Here’s the truth: with any specialized niche, you can run into a lot of fakes and scams. Unfortunately, many dealers sell fake crystals, and others hike the price tag up for impressionable buyers. You don’t want to fall victim to these scams, and rightfully so. Ready to learn where to buy healing crystals? First, let’s cover some red flags and tips for buying crystals.
Do Your Research
We’re not suggesting you need to enroll in a gemology course to learn the intricate details of healing crystals. However, a bit of light research online and locally will deepen your understanding of what makes crystals valuable. Important details to know about buying crystals include:
- The market value for certain crystals
- Which crystals are more expensive and which are at a lower price point
- Popular shapes and sizes of crystals
- How to identify stones
- Unique properties of the type of crystal you want to buy; i.e. color, shape, features, etc.
With this information in tow, you can make an educated and informed purchase. You’ll also learn…
How to Spot A Fake
Unfortunately, fake crystals saturate the internet. Does that mean you can’t find high-quality crystals for a good deal? Absolutely not. With most online markets, fakes and scammers try to trick unsuspecting buyers into purchasing fake items. But you’ve done your research and thus, can avoid scams altogether.
Red flags For Buying Crystals Online
- Photography: High-quality crystal shops should provide clear, bright, and well-lighted photos of the crystals. If the photography is blurry, dark or low-quality, it’s a red flag.
- Shapes and sizes: Are there a variety of crystals in different shapes and sizes? Or do they all look the same? If they all look similar, chances are they are mass-produced fakes. Stay away!
- Are there reviews? Is there validity to the product? Meaning: does the website or account have positive reviews? Customer feedback helps verify prospective buyers like yourself that the product is legitimate.
- Are there social media accounts? New businesses may not have a high-volume of reviews yet. No prob–check to see if the business has active social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram where they post pictures of products and interact with their clientele.
- Is the seller responsive? On the fence about a product? Reach out to the seller. If you are greeted with radio silence, it’s a good idea to look elsewhere. However, if the seller is happy to converse and answer questions about the item, they likely stand behind their product.
- Check the packaging: Do the images of the products include how the crystals are packaged? When dealing with fragile pieces like crystals, a trustworthy seller will take great care to ensure the items are safely and adequately packaged to protect the contents, and leave a lasting impression.
- Is the price right? The more you learn about crystals, the better you’ll understand what they are worth. If you see a crystal advertised for a price that’s too good to be true, there’s something fishy going on. When in doubt, remember that cheap crystals are most often fake crystals.
Now that we’ve got the fundamentals of buying crystals covered, let’s talk about where you can find them.
Where To Buy Healing Crystals
There are several places to buy healing crystals, and we’ll explore the pros and cons of each option below.
Independent Crystal Stores Online
You’ll find an assortment of online businesses selling healing crystals.When browsing shops, check the shipping fees and ensure that the seller ships to your country. Additionally, you’ll want to research the company’s reputation to ensure you are buying high-quality and genuine pieces. The best way to do this is to browse reviews, check out their social media channels and reach out via email or the contact form on the website.
There are several gemstone and crystal auction websites online where you can place a bid to purchase an item. The benefit of online auctions is that you can avoid overpaying as auctions keep the marketplace neutral. Still, just as you would for any online website, do a little digging to excavate the details on the sellers before making a purchase. A great indication that a website is reputable is if there’s an authenticity program via a third-party gemologist.
At Local Crystal Shops
The best part about buying crystals from local shops in your city is that you can physically hold the item in your hand. In fact, this is a great way to get acquainted with the myriad of crystals available and find which ones you like best. Plus, you can closely examine the crystal, hold it up to the light and at different angles to get a hands-on understanding of the crystal’s energy.
If there’s a gem show near you, take the opportunity to attend and browse the massive collection of crystals available. Gem shows provide insight into the fascinating world of crystals, and you can gain valuable information that will help you in your pursuit of finding the best crystals.
You’ll find a plethora of crystal sellers in online marketplaces like Etsy and eBay. Online marketplaces can give you great access to a wide variety of crystals. However, you’ll want to take extra caution to thoroughly research the seller. Unfortunately, marketplaces are hotbeds for fakes and bad buying experiences. That’s not to deter you from buying a crystal you love, just to encourage you to be vigilant and thoroughly research the product and seller prior to making a purchase.
The Online Crystal Store You Can Trust
At Zenluma, crystals are our livelihood, and we hold the highest standard for quality and customer service. Each one of the crystals in our healing crystals kit is hand-selected and tested for quality, healing properties and beauty. We want to help you elevate to your greatest self with the greatest crystals available, which is why we only hand-pick the best!